Quick and refreshing—you can even take it to work!
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium low and add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add almonds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the chili powder to the pan. Stir until almonds are light brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Place the shredded lettuce in a bowl; add the watermelon, almonds, cilantro and vinaigrette and toss.
- Crumble the cheese on top. Ready to serve.
- c sliced almonds
- 1 t salt, divided
- t red chili powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 t olive oil, divided
- 3 T lime or lemon juice
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded; or 4 cups of rinsed, roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cubed medium, seedless watermelon (about 3 cups)
- c crumbled queso fresco
- c chopped cilantro
Total fat: 8 g; Saturated fat: 2 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 5 mg; Sodium: 480 mg; Carbohydrates: 12 g; Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 7 g; Protein: 5 g; Vitamin D: .27 mcg; Calcium: 120 mg; Iron: 1.5 mg; Potassium: 428 mg