These easy-to-make tacos are delicious and nutritious!
- Preheat the grill. Brush grates with well-oiled paper towels.
- Brush peaches with remaining oil and place on grill for 3 minutes. Remove from grill, let cool, and chop into small pieces.
- Place fish on a platter and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix the chile powder and adobo. Season with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Cover the fish with chile mixture and cover for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped roasted peaches, red bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place fish on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Use a spatula to flip fish carefully.
- Warm tortillas on the grill for about 30 seconds on each side. Keep them warm by wrapping in a clean dishtowel.
- Place 2 tortillas on each plate; top with a serving of fish and peach salsa. ¡Fácil!
- Notes: 1. Tuna and halibut are great substitutes for red snapper and tilapia. 2. To avoid fish flaking apart on the grill, use fillets that are 1 inch thick. 3. You can use canned adobo chile; make it into a paste by mashing a small amount with a fork.
intermediate Level | 60 minutes Total time | 230 Calories
- For salsa:
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- c diced red bell pepper
- c red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- c chopped cilantro
- 2 T juice of 1 lemon, about
- For fish:
- 1 lb red snapper or tilapia, about 4 fillets
- 1 t oil
- 1 T red chile powder
- t adobo chile powder
- salt and black pepper
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
Total fat: 4 g; Saturated fat: .5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 40 mg; Sodium: 105 mg; Carbohydrates: 26 g; Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 10 g; Protein: 25 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 55 mg; Iron: .7 mg; Potassium: 643 mg