This colorful rice dish is fabulous with enchiladas or mole sauces!
- Rinse the uncooked rice until water runs clear. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the rice and sauté until rice is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cilantro, onion, sliced poblano, spinach and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover the pot and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Turn heat off and let it sit until ready to serve.
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 c uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- c chopped cilantro
- c diced onion
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded, sliced
- 5 oz (or small bag) fresh spinach, rinsed, chopped
- 2 c chicken broth
Total fat: 2.5 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 210 mg; Carbohydrates: 28 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 4 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 38 mg; Iron: 1.2 mg; Potassium: 252 mg