This is a fun and very tasty version and you can add red enchilada sauce too!
- In a large fry pan, heat oil on low/medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add chorizo and cook until almost done. Add tortilla pieces and sauté until they are limp.
- Add bell peppers and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and pour into skillet, stir with a spatula to make scrambled eggs.
- Use cilantro and queso fresco to garnish.
- Note: You can add the sauce to the chilaquiles as they are cooking as well. Serve with 2 or 3 slices of avocado, orange and pineapple.
- 1 c homemade enchilada sauce for topping (sauce can be omitted)
- T canola oil
- c diced red onion
- 1 c turkey chorizo crumbles
- 6 small corn tortillas, cut in triangles
- 1 c chopped, seeded green or red bell pepper
- 6 medium eggs
- c crumbled queso fresco
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
Total fat: 9 g; Saturated fat: 2.5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 170 mg; Sodium: 380 mg; Carbohydrates: 13 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 3 g; Protein: 11 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 78 mg; Iron: 1 mg; Potassium: 134 mg