Refreshing bean salsa to serve with homemade tortilla chips. Make the tortilla chips after preparing the salsa and serve them warm.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c chopped Roma tomatoes (about 4 Roma tomatoes)
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, seeded and diced
- 1 c fresh roasted or frozen whole kernel corn
- c finely chopped red onion
- c finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 t cumin
- 4 corn tortillas, each tortilla cut into 6 wedges
- 1 t oil
- t sea salt, divided
- t black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together beans, tomatoes, roasted poblanos, corn, onion, cilantro, lime juice and cumin. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to set.
- Brush a small amount of oil on a baking sheet; arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer. Brush oil on tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining sea salt. Bake for about 10 minutes until crispy.
- Serve black bean salsa with warm tortilla chips.
- Note: To roast poblano chiles, place over your gas stove on medium heat or on a baking sheet under a broiler and roast chiles until they are blackened. Remove from heat, place in a plastic bag to sweat. After they are cooled off, remove seeds and skin and use in your recipe.