One cup of spinach has only about 40 calories and is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- In a bowl or serving platter, place the spinach, red grapefruit, sliced avocado and beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Orange Vinaigrette Dressing ingredients.
- Lightly drizzle dressing into the salad. Season with salt and black pepper and enjoy.
- 4 c fresh baby spinach
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 12 canned sliced beets, drained (about 4 ounces)
- Orange Vinaigrette Dressing:
- c fresh orange juice (from an orange—not concentrate)
- 2 t red wine vinegar
- 2 t olive oil
- t salt
- dash ground black pepper
Total fat: 10 g; Saturated fat: 1.5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mcg; Sodium: 200 mg; Carbohydrates: 18 g; Fiber: 6 g; Sugars: 9 g; Protein: 3 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 43 mg; Iron: 1.3 mg; Potassium: 454 mg