Kids will enjoy this taco salad.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 t olive oil, divided
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 lb ground turkey (95% lean) or boiled and shredded turkey breast
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium head of lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- c chopped celery
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 radishes cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro, and cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 1 orange cut in wedges
- fresh lime wedges
- To make the tortilla chips:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use 1 teaspoon of olive oil to brush oil on each side of each tortilla.
- Cut tortillas into bite-size triangles. Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet and lightly salt the tortillas.
- Bake tortillas for 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare the ground turkey and beans:
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Brown ground turkey for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Break ground turkey into crumbles.
- Heat beans in a pot until hot. Remove from heat.
- To prepare the salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, onions, celery, red bell pepper, radishes and chopped cilantro. Add cooked turkey and toss gently.
- Place tortilla chips on a plate and add salad mixture and beans on top.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and salsa. For added flavor, sprinkle the salad with fresh orange juice and lime juice.