Veggie rich and delicious as an appetizer.
- Place the sliced onion in ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and parboil the carrots until tender but not soft, about 10 minutes; rinse in cold water immediately and set aside.
- Heat a skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sauté the zucchini slices until tender but not soft; season with salt and pepper.
- Place all vegetable ingredients, the vinegar and the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large bowl and gently toss; let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Take the Anaheim chiles, cut them in half lengthwise, and add a cheese slice to each chile half.
- Place the cheese-filled peppers in a serving dish and spread the vegetables on top.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas.
advanced Level | 45 minutes Total time | 80 Calories
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, roasted and seeded, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 4 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, top removed
- 8 slices queso fresco (about 1/2 oz. each slice)
- 1 t salt
- T cider vinegar
- 1 T olive oil, divided
Total fat: 3 g; Saturated fat: 1 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 5 mg; Sodium: 330 mg; Carbohydrates: 11 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 6 g; Protein: 3 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 65 mg; Iron: .7 mg; Potassium: 316 mg