This is a better version for you than the regular fried taquitos. Serve with a fresh cabbage salad.
- Preheat the grill. Rinse and clean shrimp under cold water. Place in a bowl. Squeeze juice of half a lime over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a bowl, toss the cabbage, onion, pineapple and carrots. Squeeze juice of half a lime over the mixture and add 1 teaspoon lime zest. Set aside.
- Transfer shrimp to the grill and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Warm tortillas for about 30 seconds per side on grill or comal. Wrap them in a towel or foil to keep them warm.
- Top each tortilla with grilled shrimp and roll into taquitos.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the vegetable mixture and cilantro sprigs. Squeeze more lime juice and top with your favorite salsa!
- Note: For easy grilling, use metal or wooden skewers for shrimp.
- lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, without tails
- t salt
- t black pepper
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 1 t lime zest
- 1 c shredded cabbage
- c diced red onion
- 1 c cubed fresh pineapple
- c shredded carrots
- c cilantro sprigs
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- salsa to taste (use your favorite)
Total fat: 2.5 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 145 mg; Sodium: 810 mg; Carbohydrates: 34 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 12 g; Protein: 23 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 102 mg; Iron: 1 mg; Potassium: 374 mg