Salsas are the nectar of the gods!
- 2 c roasted, seeded and chopped Anaheim chiles (about 4 large chiles)
- 4 c roasted tomatoes (about 6 medium-size tomatoes)
- c chopped red onion
- c chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast chiles and tomatoes in the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Don’t let them burn!
- Place chiles in a plastic bag or just wrap in a wet paper towel. Let them sweat a few minutes; then peel, seed and chop.
- In a medium bowl, let the tomatoes cool and peel the skin. Crush tomatoes with a large spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix and season with salt and pepper.