Salsas are the nectar of the gods!
- Roast chiles and tomatoes in the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Don’t let them burn!
- Place chiles in a plastic bag or just wrap in a wet paper towel. Let them sweat a few minutes; then peel, seed and chop.
- In a medium bowl, let the tomatoes cool and peel the skin. Crush tomatoes with a large spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix and season with salt and pepper.
advanced Level | 20 minutes Total time | 40 Calories
- 2 c roasted, seeded and chopped Anaheim chiles (about 4 large chiles)
- 4 c roasted tomatoes (about 6 medium-size tomatoes)
- c chopped red onion
- c chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
Total fat: 0 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 10 mg; Carbohydrates: 9 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 5 g; Protein: 2 g; Vitamin D: 0 mg; Calcium: 19 mg; Iron: .9 mg; Potassium: 355 mg