It’s always a great idea to have a roasted chicken ready for tacos!
- 1 large (4.5 pounds) whole chicken
- 1 t salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 T red chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and use your hands to season generously with the spices, including inside the chicken.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer until it reads 160 to 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove skin before serving.