It’s always a great idea to have a roasted chicken ready for tacos!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and use your hands to season generously with the spices, including inside the chicken.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer until it reads 160 to 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove skin before serving.
- 1 large (4.5 pounds) whole chicken
- 1 t salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 T red chili powder
Total fat: 7 g; Saturated fat: 2 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 85 mg; Sodium: 460 mg; Carbohydrates: 1 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 0 g; Protein: 28 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 22 mg; Iron: 1 mg; Potassium: 272 mg