Flavorful family dinner that can be made into taquitos!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, make a marinade by combining oil, parsley, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, jalapeño, oregano and cumin. Add the chicken pieces and mix to coat well with the marinade. Place chicken in the refrigerator while the oven is heating.
- Place chicken pieces in a baking pan; add red pepper, onion slices, and carrot quarters around the chicken. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven. To keep chicken warm, keep covered.
- Note: You can use a blender or food processor to chop and mix the oil, parsley and garlic.
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds), skin removed, cut into 8 pieces (2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 chicken breasts, 2 legs)
- salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 T chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- jalapeno peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 large chopped red pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped in quarters
- c water
Total fat: 13 g; Saturated fat: 3 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 115 mg; Sodium: 330 mg; Carbohydrates: 15 g; Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 6 g; Protein: 38 g; Vitamin D: .1 mcg; Calcium: 60 mg; Iron: 2.5 mg; Potassium: 726 mg