Easy oatmeal to start the day with a serving of whole grain.
- In a saucepan, bring the water and cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 20 minutes. Discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Add salt and oats to the water and let it come to a boil uncovered.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add milk and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, Mexican vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
easy Level | 30 minutes Total time | 90 Calories
- 2 c water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- t salt
- 1 c old-fashioned oats or gluten free oats
- c low fat milk
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1 t Mexican vanilla extract
- t ground cinnamon
Total fat: 1.5 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 80 mg; Carbohydrates: 16 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 3 g; Protein: 3 g; Vitamin D: .2 mcg; Calcium: 28 mg; Iron: .9 mg; Potassium: 35 mg