With winter and snow, this caldo will warm your night!
- lbs (680 grams) frozen cod, cut into cubes
- 1 c frozen shrimp, cleaned and tails removed, cut in half
- 4 c water
- 4 c clam or chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can chopped or stewed tomatoes
- 1 c chopped red onions
- 2 c Anaheim chiles, seeded and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t salt
- 1 t black pepper
- t Mexican oregano
- chopped cilantro and limes for garnish
- Thaw fish and shrimp.
- Make a sofrito by sauteeing the onions, chiles and garlic in olive oil
- In a large saucepan, add the water, clam or chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and fish and cover. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with lime and chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Note: You can add other seafood such as clams and scallops to the caldo!