We are always on the look-out for adding more veggies to our meals. These festive tacos out of Portobello mushrooms, straight out of Malena’s kitchen, are just the thing to impress your vegetarian friends. You can serve these with a side of black beans or arroz verde.
- Rinse portobello mushrooms in cold water lightly and dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the end of the stem of portobello mushrooms, slice and marinate in sauce for at least one hour.
- Prepare sauce: process in a food processor jalapeno, onions, one garlic clove, a tablespoon of olive oil and a 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce.
- Sauté marinated mushrooms in remaining olive oil for about 8 minutes until they are browned.
- Warm corn tortillas.
- Assemble tacos and garnish with chopped cilantro, sliced radish, a squeeze of lime and your choice of salsa.
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1 large fresh jalapeño pepper
- white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 2 sliced radishes
- 2 lime
Total fat: 6.7g; Saturated fat: 1g; Trans fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 372mg; Carbohydrates: 35.7g; Fiber: 5.2g; Sugars: 2.7g; Protein: 5.5g; Vitamin D: .1; Calcium: 65.7mg; Iron: 1.2mg; Potassium: 279.9mg