Make a quick taquitos recipe with avocados.
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 t olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded, each cut into 6 slices
- c Salsa Fresca
- 12 small (4.5 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 c chopped fresh cilantro
- Salsa Fresca Ingredients:
- 1 c diced tomatoes
- c diced onions
- c chopped cilantro
- jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 T lime juice
- In a large bowl, mix together all Salsa Fresca ingredients. Cover and refrigerate in advance.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly sauté onion and green and red peppers, about 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas on a comal or stove.
- Fill each tortilla with sautéed onions and peppers, an avocado slice, and Salsa Fresca. Roll the tortillas and top with cilantro.