- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, poblano and anaheim chiles and sauté for 5-8 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add chicken broth, hominy and cooked chicken; stir to combine.
- Once the mixture boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot, topped with your desired garnishes, such as diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, thinly sliced or julienned radishes, lime wedges, shredded cabbage or shredded lettuce.
intermediate Level | 50 minutes Total time | 130 Calories
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 medium anaheim chile, seeded, cored, and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 c chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can posole (white hominy), drained and rinsed
- 1 lb cooked, skinless shredded chicken
- desired garnishes (see below)
Total fat: 3.5 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 30 mg; Sodium: 1050 mg; Carbohydrates: 11 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 15 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 6.7 mg; Iron: 1 mg; Potassium: 55 mg