My version of huevos rancheros, delish and easy!
- 2 t olive oil, divided
- c chopped onion
- 1 c canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- c your favorite salsa
- 2 green chiles, roasted, peeled and sliced or 1 small can green chiles
- 2 eggs
- c queso fresco or shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small corn tortillas
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a small saucepan. Sauté onion until transparent.
- Add black beans to saucepan. Add salsa and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green chiles and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- In a non-stick frying pan, cook the eggs the way you like them.
- Warm tortillas on a comal, skillet or in the oven
- To serve, place beans, chile mixture and one egg on top of one tortilla.
- Place the second tortilla on top. Add another light layer of the bean and chile mixture and top with shredded cheese.