Nice side dish with protein and fiber! Pepitas are pumpkin seeds.
- c raw pepitas or pumpkin seed (if you buy them toasted, skip the toasting part)
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 lb bag of green beans, trimmed and steamed until tender
- 2 t lime juice
- t salt and black pepper, or to taste
- chile powder to spice it up!
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan and toast the pepitas in it until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remainder of the oil and sauté the green beans at low to medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Add pepitas and lime juice and transfer to a serving plate.