Refreshing, quick and fun salad that goes with everything. Use it on taquitos too.
- 2 c peeled, diced jicama
- c cider vinegar
- T honey
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t minced onion
- t mild-to-medium-hot New Mexican red chile powder, plus more for garnish
- t salt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- c chopped cilantro
- Place vinegar, honey, oil, onion, chile powder (to taste) and salt in a blender, process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss jícama and cucumber with the dressing, stir in cilantro. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salad with more chile powder before serving.