Heaven on a plate!! You will be so happy you made this!
- Ingredients for Salsa:
- 4 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- c diced red onion
- 4 T unsalted pepitas, divided
- c chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- c chicken broth
- t salt
- 2 T reduced-fat sour cream
- Ingredients for Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1 pound)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 T water
- c yellow cornmeal
- 3 t olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Place tomatillos, onion, 3 tablespoons pepitas, half of the cilantro, garlic, broth and salt in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about ¾ cup and thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place one piece of chicken at a time between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick.
- In a bowl, whisk egg white and water until combined. In a second bowl, place cornmeal and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip each chicken breast in egg white, then in cornmeal, coat evenly. Cook chicken until browned and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken and ladle the reserved sauce over it. Garnish with the remaining pepitas and cilantro.