Taquitos all the way!
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, minced garlic, and pork in a large, zippered plastic bag; seal. Marinate 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat nonstick skillet to medium high.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of pork with ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Place pork on the skillet and sear/cook for 8 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine all the Corn Salsa ingredients.
- Heat tortillas.
- Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide pork strips evenly among the tortillas. Top with salsa and serve.
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 12 oz. boneless center-cut pork loin, fat trimmed off
- t salt, divided
- t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c shredded red or white cabbage
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Corn Salsa:
- 1 roasted ear of corn, kernels cut away from cob
- c diced red bell pepper
- c sliced fresh nectarine
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 medium minced canned chipotle pepper
- c chopped cilantro
Total fat: 11 g; Saturated fat: 2.5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 70 mg; Sodium: 500 mg; Carbohydrates: 24 g; Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 25 g; Vitamin D: .6 mcg; Calcium: 32 mg; Iron: .8 mg; Potassium: 362 mg