These calabacitas are a great staple; you can use them in taquitos or as a side dish!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash in baking dish and toss with olive oil; season with the red chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions to mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes, serve warm.
- 1 lb Mexican summer squash (1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash and 1 scalloped squash), each cut crosswise into quarters
- 1 T olive oil
- red onion, sliced
- 1 t red chili powder
- Salt and pepper, as desired
Total fat: 4 g; Saturated fat: .5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 15 mg; Carbohydrates: 7 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 4 g; Protein: 1 g; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Calcium: 34 mg; Iron: .5 mg; Potassium: 241.8 mg